Topping greens and vegetables with a simple and tasty nut or seed based sauce is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy them. Recently, we posted the greens be gone, zippy tahini sauce recipe which is an excellent condiment for raw greens and veggies. The sauce recipe listed below is wonderful when your greens and veggies are cooked. It has savory flavors. It’s in Dr. Fuhrman’s books paired with steamed kale. It works well with many different kinds of cooked vegetables especially steamed collards.
This recipe for lentil “eat” loaf goes great with the collards.
- 2 pounds of collard greens, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or nut milk
- 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon Vegizest or Mrs. Dash
- Steam the collards (or other vegetables)
- Put cashews, soy milk, onion flakes and vegizest in the blender and blend until smooth
- Pour over the collards and mix thoroughly